Massage for Stress
Stress can be an inevitable part of our daily experiences, whether it takes place in an office, school or even at home. Stress can be very hard to deal with but there are some lovely strategies that you can use that make all the difference to how you handle your stress, massage being one of them. Many of us are programmed to do less constructive things to handle our challenges but these habits only have the effect of driving our stress underground – a place which shakes us to the core when it explodes.
One recent study found that massage therapy can reduce pain, promote muscle relaxation, and improve both mood and sleep quality. Another study found that after subjects were massaged, the levels of cortisol (a hormone contributing to stress) in their saliva decreased.
The simple stretches and techniques used by a remedial massage therapist takes all of those pent-up muscles and manually pushes the tension free. This can be merely a case of applying pressure to points on the body which are blocked, or can be a series of treatments designed to systematically release the tightened muscles and develop better physical posture and alignment.
To add mental benefits to this physical therapy, I use a number of 100% Essential Oils – each carried by a water solvable carrier oil. Read through each, chose whichever is most appropriate for your condition, then ring us and be sure to tell us which oil you require.
- Lavender & Rose Geranium – to promote cell growth, alleviate insomnia and reduce blood pressure. Very calming.
- Frankinsense & Rosewood – diminishes indecisions or confusion, relieves tiredness and quietens the mind.
- Patcholi & Lavender – adds creativity, enhances focus and is good for stimulating sexuality.
- Lemon & Pine – supports immunity, encourages good respiration and is refreshing.
- Rosemary & Marjoram – helps restore tired.
Treat yourself and help your body restore its balance and strength. You’ll feel better and perform better for it!